Current Job Openings
Van Conversion Specialist
Reports to: Custom Director
Camp N Car is looking for a talented and experienced jack of all trades Van Conversion Specialist to join the growing team at our shop in Port Townsend. This is a dynamic role which combines skills in carpentry, plumbing and electrical to aid in the creation of campervans that will last a lifetime. If you would like to work with an amazing team creating world class conversions in one of the most beautiful towns in the world, this is the job for you.
- Create epic custom and standardized camper vans from start to finish in a collaborative work environment.
- Fabricate a wide variety of wood furniture and components for van interiors such as cabinetry, bed platforms, storage solutions and more.
- Install basic plumbing systems such as fresh/gray water tanks, water pumps, water heaters, sinks and more.
- Work on mobile power systems (solar, batteries, ect) and possess a basic understanding of electrical theory.
- Problem solve and innovate to provide creative solutions to design challenges.
- Accurately track and report time and material expenses for each project as necessary.
- Contribute to the improvement of designs and other processes for optimizing company wide workflows.
Our ideal candidate has professional experience in carpentry and knows the ins and outs of basic plumbing and electrical systems as well. Comfort and expertise with a wide variety of tools will be necessary for carrying out this role. This position is all about being able to work with and understand the complex systems and moving parts that go into camper vans.
Project planning experience and the ability to follow instructions are essential. Strong communication skills are required in order to properly execute the work we do to a high level of quality and consistency.
Experience with van conversions and vehicle camper builds is strongly preferred. We are looking for someone who is creative, hardworking and reliable. Working at Camp N Car means no day is the same as there are always new demands with each project and infinite opportunities to help innovate within our growing company.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay ranges between $25 – $40 an hour depending on experience
- Health insurance available for all full time employees
- Generous paid & unpaid time off allotments
- Four day work week with flexible schedule options
- Access to our shop after hours for personal projects
- Some paid major holidays
- Yearly paid spa day at Soak On The Sound
- Assistance with housing search if necessary
- Fun and supportive work environment
Camp N Car is a fast growing company that values adventure, innovation and inclusiveness. We seek to create a fun and supportive workplace built on a foundation of respectful communication and collaborative problem solving. Maintaining a good work life balance and supporting the health of our employees is our top priority. Our team is made up of artists, explorers and forward thinking individuals who are working to create an environment that we can all look forward to coming into every day.
- Flexible work options available
- Four day work week Mon-Thu or Tue-Fri
- One hour unpaid lunch
- Paid breaks
How To Apply
Please email your resume and examples of your work to email@example.com along with a short writeup in the body of the email explaining why you decided to apply for the job. If chosen for an interview we will follow up and request additional information such as a list of professional references. Applicants from all gender and cultural identities are welcomed and encouraged to apply for work with us.