Current Job Openings
Vehicle Conversion Lead
Reports to: Custom Director
Camp N Car is looking for a talented and experienced carpenter and builder to join the growing team at our shop in Port Townsend. This is a dynamic role which combines skills in design and woodworking to fabricate custom camper setups that will last a lifetime. If you would like to create world class builds for a variety of vehicles in one of the most scenic towns in the world, this is the job for you.
- Work with the Custom Shop Director on the execution of custom van and vehicle campers.
- Contribute towards the design of bed platforms, cabinetry, tables, floors, ceilings, trim and other wood based components in a wide variety of vehicle camper setups.
- Lead and teach others in collaborative working conditions.
- Problem solve and innovate to provide creative solutions for design challenges.
- Accurately track and report time and materials expenses for each project.
- Interface with customers in the consultation phase of their project to provide detailed estimates and answers to a multitude of questions.
Our ideal candidate has multiple years of experience in custom woodworking and knows the ins and outs of the craft well enough to work independently and be trusted with high ticket projects. Comfort and expertise with most carpentry tools will be necessary for carrying out this job. Basic design skills and the ability to follow plans are essential.
Strong communication skills are required in order to properly execute projects to a high level of quality and consistency. This role may also involve working collaboratively with customers in the early stages of their project to consult with them on the design.
Experience with van conversions and vehicle camper builds is strongly preferred. We are looking for someone who is creative, hardworking and reliable. Working in the custom shop means no day is the same as there are always new demands with each project and infinite opportunities to help innovate within our growing company.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay ranges between $25 – $40 an hour depending on experience
- Discounted health insurance available for all full time employees
- Generous paid & unpaid time off allotments
- Four day work week with flexible schedule options
- Access to our shop after hours for personal projects
- Some paid major holidays
- Yearly paid spa day at Soak On The Sound
- Assistance with housing search if necessary
- Fun and supportive work environment
Camp N Car is a fast growing company that values adventure, innovation and inclusiveness. We seek to create a fun and supportive workplace built on a foundation of respectful communication and collaborative problem solving. Maintaining a good work life balance and supporting the health of our employees is our top priority. Our team is made up of artists, explorers and forward thinking individuals who are working to create an environment that we can all look forward to coming into every day.
- Flexible work options available
- Four day work week Mon-Thu
- One hour unpaid lunch
- Paid breaks
How To Apply
Please email your resume and examples of your work to email@example.com along with a short writeup in the body of the email explaining why you decided to apply for the job. If chosen for an interview we will follow up and request additional information such as a list of professional references. Applicants from all gender and cultural identities are welcomed and encouraged to apply for work with us.